Article 27 of Law 39/2015, of 1 October, on the common administrative procedure of public administrations (LPACAP) establishes the conditions for the validity and effectiveness of copies of documents issued by public administrations. In particular, these must comply with the provisions of the National Security Scheme, the National Interoperability Scheme, the Interoperability Technical Standards and the rules provided for in Article 27.3.
The requirements of the copies are summarized below according to the source format of the original document, paying special attention to the rule in section 27.3.d), which has a wording that is more difficult to understand.
(*) For the issuance of a true paper copy of an original paper it is necessary:
- Make a true copy of the original paper under the terms of Rule 27.1.b. document.
- Once the true electronic copy has been generated, delivery may be made to the person requesting it:
- Making a paper copy of the electronic document that has been generated, in accordance with rule 27.1.c (the condition of the copy and the CSV code must appear).
- By making an electronic copy of an authentic copy in this format (in the citizen folder, for example).
These documents must be verifiable in the electronic office of the Administration issuing the copy using the verification system used (eg CSV).
Article 27. Validity and effectiveness of copies made by public administrations.
"2. Copies made, in any medium, by the competent bodies of the public administrations in which the identity of the body that made the copy is guaranteed, shall be considered an authentic copy of a public administrative or private document. Authentic copies have the same validity and effectiveness as the original documents.
3. In order to guarantee the identity and content of electronic or paper copies, and therefore their authenticity, public administrations must comply with the provisions of the National Interoperability Scheme, the Scheme. National Security and its technical development rules, as well as the following rules:
a) Electronic copies of an original electronic document or of an authentic electronic copy, with or without a change of format, must include the metadata that accredits its condition of copy and that is visualized when consulting the document.
b) Electronic copies of documents on paper or other non-electronic media susceptible to digitization require that the document has been digitized, and must include metadata proving its condition as a copy and displayed when consulting the document. . Digitization is understood as the technological process that allows a document to be converted into paper or other non-electronic media into an electronic file that contains the encoded, accurate and complete image of the document.
c) Paper copies of electronic documents require that the condition of copying be included, and must contain an electronically generated code or other verification system to verify the authenticity of the copy by accessing the electronic files of the issuing public body or body.
d) Paper copies of original documents issued in the said medium must be provided by means of an authentic paper copy of the electronic document in the possession of the Administration, or by means of an electronic manifestation containing a copy. authenticity of the original document.
For this purpose, administrations shall make public, through the corresponding electronic office, the secure verification codes or any other verification system used. "